This ambrosia fruit salad combines pineapple, mandarine and a few other ingredients to create this delightful dessert.
It is so good and different and so easy to make. I hope you enjoy this simple version.
If you want to make it pretty, garnish with mandarin segments and cherries.
Update: I was watching Top Chef Masters (competition) on FoodNetwork the other day and they had to recreate a dish from the ‘old days’ of the 60’s and this dessert was one of them. The Chefs were not happy because it’s such a simple recipe and yes made with a can of mandarins! It was a very popular dish when I was growing up…oops I just revealed my age!
- 1 can 19oz (548ml) or 14oz (398ml) chunk pineapple in juice or syrop
- 1 can 10oz (284ml) mandarine orange segments
- 1½ cup seedless green grapes
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flake coconut
- ½ cup broken walnut
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Blend together sour cream, marshmallows and coconut and leave at room temperature for 10 minutes. This helps dissolve the marshmallows into the dressing.
- Drain pineapple and oranges well
- Combine all the ingredients.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe.